Friday, January 25, 2008

TWO DOWN AND TWO TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went this morning at 8AM and they didn't have the lab orders so had to go to the doctor's office - across the hall - and get the orders and then go back to the lab and wait. By the time I had blood drawn and made it back to the doctor's office it was 8:50AM and there I sat until 9:20AM and then she took me back and took blood pressure (which BTW was excellent and for me that's good!) and temperature and then I waited. A lady came in and talked to me about a study for anti-nausea meds that I can participate in if I want. Told her I would discuss it with my husband and then she left and I waited. Doc came in about 10:20AM and by the time he and I talked and went through everything that happened to me during the 1st round and then I went to the "chair" it was 10:45AM. And it was 12:45PM before they unhooked me and set me FREE! So it took longer than I thought but it went well. Had to get stuck twice, again, but it is OK. Not that much more to go. WOW! There were tons of run-on sentences in that paragraph. I'm so sorry, Ms. Brookbank (HS English).
And then I went to work. Felt OK and will probably feel OK tomorrow - at least for most of the day. I will do as much as I can until the LEAD comes into my bones. And then its movie and couch time.
So my husband used to and I still do work in what we lovingly refer to as "Cube Land". This is a place where there is nothing but cubicles as far as the eye can see. In cube land there is no privacy (phone or otherwise) and if you try to whisper then folks strain even harder to hear! Therefore, all your "bidness" is out there for all to hear and see. So, when nature comes to call in the form of "bad air" one has no choice but share with everyone or take what we refer to as the "cube land fart walk". Or if I MUST be politically correct - the Cube Land Flatulence Walk. Anyone who lives in cube land and says that they have never done this is a BIG FAT LIAR!!! You have to get up and walk out otherwise everyone will know that SOMEONE did the deed and people start looking at each other funny and its just not good! So now you know what we in cube land do when the air is too much to bear! And since chemo messes with my stomach pretty badly I feel the need to do this more often than usual. That chemo does BAD things, man, BAD things!
Will post with how I am feeling this weekend. Hope if goes better than last time. Cheers to all!

No comments: