Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dreams on drugs

The medicine that they gave me for nausea gives me the most strange dreams. Last night, for example, I dreamed that I was re-arranging my sister, Margie's house in Florida. Except that it wasn't really her house. It was her house in my dream but the house in my dream isn't what her house really looks like. Anyway, Tom and I kept re-arranging things and never could get them to look right. And Margie is fantastic at decorating a house so it didn't even need any re-arranging. Weird. I woke up tired though because I kept moving furniture around all night.
While I am thinking about it......please let me apologize for the comment I made on my short hair and how it makes me either look like a boy or a gay woman. Tom, Mr. PC (Politically Correct), told me that I stereotyped gay women and that all gay women DO NOT, in fact, have short hair. Well, in that case, all boys DO NOT have short hair either. So I stereotyped both groups and I apologize. It was a futile attempt at humor.
Moving on to neuropathy. This is another side effect of the chemo. Neuropathy is when one gets a tingling sensation in one's extremities - i.e., feet and hands. It is very strange feeling and comes and goes. I also have the shakes really bad. It's almost like a junkie who hasn't had his "fix". In my case, my whole body feels "nervous" and jittery. Just another thing to deal with, I guess.
As most of you know I have started wearing hats. For one thing I am not used to my head being so uncovered and my hair is so short that I am very self-conscious about it. And I figure I might as well start getting used to the hats as they will be, most likely, necessary in the coming weeks. The more I talk about wig shopping the more people that want to go with me. I think it will be fun with lots of folks and the wig place actually recommends that you bring several people with you. We are going to Raleigh and make a day of it. I think I will try to buy 2 wigs. And it doesn't matter to me if people know they are wigs or not. In fact, I think its going to be kinda cool to have a new look.
OK, so enough for today. As you can see I have found my voice and for those of you reading this blog you may actually be sorry that you granted me this venue!

No comments: