Monday, January 7, 2008

Spoke too soon

Two words - this sucks! As good as I felt on Friday after chemo and even Saturday until late in the evening - that's how BAD I felt on Sunday and today. Saturday night I fell asleep on the couch at about 9:15pm and then moved to the bed around 10PM. I didn't even move until 5AM and then didn't get out of bed and move to the couch until 9:30AM on Sunday. Laid on the couch and watched football all day and then around 4:30pm my husband asked me if I wanted to step outside for a few minutes and watch him with the dogs - he is training the dogs for bird hunting. I went outside for maybe 10 minutes and when I came back in the house I went to the bathroom. As I stood up I passed out and hit my face on the doorframe. I remember thinking "Wow, that hurt!" and then nothing else for a while. I woke up face down on the floor and thought "I should get up" but couldn't so I laid there and then finally I got up and Tom came in the room and found me cleaning up my bloody face. Poor thing! It scared him so bad. About 20 minutes later his mom and oldest sister showed up to check on me and he had them look at me - they are both nurses - and they declared me fine. Banged up but fine.
So today, Monday, I slept until 9AM and then off and on until 12:30pm. I am now on the couch. Lead in my appendages is the only way to describe how I feel. Heavy.......everything is so heavy!
There are other things going on with my body - very little nausea, thank God - and some things that you just don't want to know! Suffice it to say that this sucks but if this is as bad as it gets then I can handle it. I am thinking of it this way - one down and three more to go!

No comments: