Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow, or lack thereof, and Hair

Today is MLK Jr. day so I, as a government employee, am off of work. This past weekend it was supposed to snow. I love snow and was really looking forward to the 2-4 inches that they were telling us we would get. I waited and waited and it finally started snowing. And then it stopped and we got "nut'in"! They really screwed that one up! My first clue should have been that when we went to the grocery store there was plenty of bread and milk! So no way would it snow!
My hair has started falling out. My pillow was full of hair this morning and the shower also. I can see the thinning spots and my scalp is very sore. I am having a hard time sleeping because every time I move my scalp hurts and I wake up. I think that I will shave it today. Tom wants me to wait to see if maybe it will just thin and not fall out but seeing little hairs everywhere is getting to be overwhelming. And if it just thins I will still have to wear hats or scarves or my wig so why not go ahead and shave it? I'll let you know what I decide to do.
Next chemo is the 25th! Hope the side effects are not as bad this time!

No comments: