Sunday, January 13, 2008

10 days out

Today is the 10th day out from chemo and this is supposed to be the day where my immune system (white and red blood cell counts) is at its lowest. And I am feeling like it. My throat is sore and I am feeling a little achy. My throat has been sore all week and I realized last night that I should have called and told the doctor this. So since I go on Monday morning for blood count checks I decided to wait. However, my throat is really sore and I feel like I'm getting a cold. No surprising since I spent all yesterday (about 3 hours) trying on wigs that (there's no telling how many people tried them on before) probably carry tons of micro-organisms. More about wig shopping in a moment. And it has gotten colder also. And this is the time of year when I usually get a cold.......hence, I am getting sick.
Wig shopping was a blast! Too much fun! In fact, to all my sister friends - one day when we want to get out and have a "girl's day out" - which btw we don't do enough! - let's go try on wigs!!! It is so much fun. And funny also! I started adding up how much I spend on trying to get my hair looking good all the time (cutting, coloring, etc) and how much wigs are and I think its cheaper to do wigs!!! If you could buy yourself 4 or 5 of them you'd never want to grow your hair back! You could be somebody different all the time!
I found one wig. I wanted to get more but just couldn't see spending that on a wig that I just liked OK. So, I will go back another time - perhaps to another store somewhere - and see if I can find another one. Wigs are not cheap - that's what I found out first. And they are really well made - they "breathe" better now and they feel a lot like real hair. In fact the synthetic hair wigs are better than real human hair wigs. Wash them, towel dry them, leave them on a stand and then shake them and wear them! What could be easier?
And I must say - every chance I get I will talk them up - that the people at Angel Hair in Raleigh are the nicest, sweetest, most professional people I have every had the pleasure of dealing with! They cater to women going through chemo or that have Alopecia and they are so compassionate! I recommend anyone needing a wig to visit them first!
So, I'll blog about the blood counts and how that goes.
Other than wig shopping and a sore throat not that much has happened. Hope all is well with all of you! I found out that I have a bigger audience than I thought so here's to all of you who have helped me and supported me - I love you for it! God will bless you for all you have done for me!

No comments: