Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It was Tom's fault!

I was dressed and ready to go to work yesterday and Tom called me and asked me to wait one more day. He wanted me to get up and move around and get "my feet underneath me" before going to work. So I am making another attempt today. I will work 1/2 day today and then probably be OK for the rest of the week. That's the plan anyway.
So my neck is really hurt. I guess it happened when I fell - that's the only thing I can figure. But there is better living thru chemistry - believe it!
OK, there is one thing about which I have decided to write. Throughout my life I have learned that I have to be able to laugh at myself. Actually my husband has taught me how to do this. So he and I discussed the following topic and I decided to write about it.
Gas. And I don't mean the kind you put in your car. I mean the kind that clears the room. The kind that the dogs wake up, sniff, sniff and then bury their heads. I mean the kind where you have to get up and leave also. I guess I didn't realize when chemo affects your stomach that it would present this very real problem to me. But it has become a joke around my house. If you have dogs you know that anytime you can blame this "gas" on the dogs that you do so. And since my babies lay on the couch with us I have gotten very proficient at blaming them for my flatulence. But since the chemo they have gotten blamed alot more. And these aren't "SBDs" - silent but deadly" - but rather the loud and smelly ones. So, careful when you visit me in my cubicle. Hopefully, as the days pass the gas will NOT. I know - TMI, Wendy, TMI!

No comments: