Saturday, January 26, 2008

Something I forgot to say

I tried before to explain hot flashes and I did NOT do a very good job. But I did realize later that all I had to say was "If your eyelids sweat then you are having a hot flash."
And another thing - Its Saturday at about 7:30PM and I am feeling OK. Today was OK - I had a little more nausea today than last time and I took some anti-nausea meds and they made me sleepy. A two hour nap on the couch was in order and done. And now I wait for the LEAD to set in. I talked Tom into shaving my head (totally) tomorrow. I am almost bald in most spots anyway. And the hair hurts my scalp so we will get rid of it all. Its OK. But weird that I haven't lost any hair any where else. My legs still have hair on them - I keep hoping it will fall out but not yet - and my face and various spots on the body still have hair. At least I haven't lost my eyebrows and eyelashes yet. Its all a waiting game.
And I have nothing else to say.......go figure.

1 comment:

kathy jean said...

So great you are able to write your "self"!!

Hi, my name is Kathy, I came across your site at breastcancer.org as I was looking for others who have experienced the Cytoxan/Taxotere treatment regimen. I found the forum most encouraging and helpful regarding side effects and personal reactions.

I sure hope your weekend is going well, having had your treatment Friday. I'm sure that was frightening to find yourself on the floor...

I have read your blog to date and hope to follow your writings throughout.

I too have created a blog at www.kathyjean.blogspot.com , and invite you, as well as anyone else, to stop by. Please leave a comment or email directly. I looked for your email address, but didn't find it listed.

Love the pics--big hugs to you, and your Tom. May positive energies surround you.

Kathy Jacque