Friday, February 1, 2008

Yuck!

I have a mild case of thrush mouth and it is yucky! The inside of my mouth feels so strange an I feel like my breath is horrible! The doctor had given me some magic mouthwash for my sore throat last treatment (which I haven't had at all this time) which I am using in hopes that it will take care of the issue. As it is not painful yet - only yucky - I guess I should be glad about that. I am trying to see the positive in all of this. I read the message boards and know that it could be worse! Lots of women have waaaayyyyy more issues than I have had. In fact, other than fatigue, I have been blessed with a easy "row to hoe".
Hey guys, I have had a couple of friends ask me if that last post was telling them that they have "told (me) what to do too much". That last post was just to let people know that even well meaning folks can push too hard for their friend to do things a certain way or make sure that they try this or try that to help them thru their issue. And suggestions can be helpful. But those same suggestions also can be frustrating for us as we weed thru the minutia and figure out how to save our lives. I mentioned my brother-in-law's wife who minimized my cancer.........breast cancer these days is NOT like it used to be. It is NOT an automatic death sentence. Great leaps and bounds have been made in medicine and even the chemo that I am taking is WAY better than chemo used to be. But everyone seems to know best and what they say for you to do is the only thing that will help you........and so on. All I am saying is that you NEVER know how you will react to something until you actually face it. And deciding what to do about my breast cancer was an extreme lesson in soul searching. I have learned alot about myself because I have had to face this. And I have learned alot about others - some good and some bad. But in the end, I made the decision and I am living (with a BIG emphasis on LIVING) with my decision. And I know what's BEST for me.
I feel better everyday. A little bit stronger and a little more positive with each passing day. I have put on weight (which I hate) but was told that might happen. When this is over I will have to get back into the Eating better and Exercising more frame of mind again and take it back off.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend. I go for blood work on Monday. Pray for good wbc's!!!

No comments: