Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bones aching and my husband

I managed NOT to get the same achy bones that I had last time they gave me the Neupogen shot. I feel kind of like I have the flu (achy but not painful) but it is nothing like last time. I rec'd another shot today and tomorrow they will check my wbc's and hopefully I can do without another shot. I am just thankful that the shot didn't give me the same side effects as last time. I can handle a few aches and pains.
My husband is so great. Some of you know that he had a brain tumor back in 2000-2001 and during that time I tried my best to remain positive and upbeat and so did he. He didn't tell alot of people about it but those that knew were amazed at how upbeat he was about the whole thing. And if you ask him about it now he will tell you that his sister, Jane, is the one that taught him that other people will react to your bad news in the way that you react. If you fall apart then they will fall apart. If you are strong then they will be strong also. And it is so true!! Jane died of cancer many years ago but she was the most brave person I have ever known and she taught us so much about dealing with bad news. So now Tom is helping me thru this cancer. And he is being great! Together we are being very positive in our actions and emotions and it helps so much. I can't tell you how much easier this whole thing has been because I have Tom with me. God surely blessed me with my husband, Tom. He knew one day I would need Tom's strength (and humor) to help me get through my toughest struggle to date. And he helps me in more ways that I can even tell you about here.
I am doing well. I hope that each of you remember to thank those people in your lives without whom you would be less of a person. And thank them often. They will appreciate hearing it and you will feel good about telling them. Pass on the lurve........that one's for you, Tom!

No comments: