Friday, February 22, 2008

Somebody SLAP ME!!!

Do you guys remember the movie "Airplane"? Do you remember in that movie when the lady on the plane was "losing it" and everyone started lining up to slap her? Y'all need to do that to me! I'm sure that I have said this before but when I feel bad, physically, then it depresses me and I am way more "down". After each treatment I feel bad, I come here and y'all serve me cheese with my WHINE and then I begin to feel better and I get back up and fight. Well here we are again at that point. I always feel a little guilty and more than a little ashamed when I WHINE about my plight (there's always someone worse off than I) once I begin to feel better. But while I'm in the middle of it, "whiny" is completely how I feel. Please bear with me when I am in this state. I am now coming out of it. And then I go on Mondays (approximately 10 days after my treatment) and they draw blood and check those white blood counts and give me a shot that makes me feel bad again and then I am depressed again and then........ AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! It is such a vicious cycle! Please hang in there with me as I only have 1 more round to go! I appreciate your patience with me during this time.
I have determined thru my side effects, and reading about the side effects of others, that a person going thru chemo is only supposed to have 1 good week during each round. And that is the week right before the next round. That is the week when your bone marrow starts growing and the white blood counts go back up to normal. And then they hit you again. Boo Hiss!!!
Really the only thing that is bothering me at this time is the yucky mouth. I can't describe it other than to say that it feels like I have fuzz in my mouth. I drink liquids and yet my mouth feels dry even while drinking. It feels like my tongue is swollen and when I look at it there is a white film on it. And it feels like my breath really stinks so I am super-conscious about it. It is actually pretty gross. But when I think about some of the things that other women on the board describe I feel blessed that I have this little issue. "I am not minimizing, Lynne!" I just know that things could be loads worse.
I know y'all think I'm sczhophrenic, don't you? Who said that?
So I am nearing the end of the tunnel, so to speak, and can see the light. Tom and I discussed this last night and he says that next year at this time all of this will be a distant memory. I sure hope so. I don't have a very good memory and this is one that I would LOVE to forget!
Cheers to all and here's hoping your weekends are wonderful!

No comments: