Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The pain is arriving.....

Neupogen sucks! I hate it. I mean its not like I love chemo or anything but those Neupogen shots are the worst! As I have mentioned they stimulate bone marrow production and because of that the bones ache. I have it worst in my back. It's like I would imagine that back spams would be - I can only imagine back spams because I have never had them. If you've been reading the blog the entire time then you know that the 1st round of chemo, when they gave me Neupogen shots, the shots put me in the bed for 2 days. And then the 2nd round I only ended up in the bed for 1 day. I am hoping for NO days this time! But if the pain continues like it has this afternoon then I will be in the bed tomorrow. At least, maybe, I can work a little from home if that is the case. I am planning for the worst but hoping for the best.
This morning on the Morning show they discussed a person who had written a book about people and summing up one's life in 6 words. So I started thinking about it and even asked others to consider how they would sum their own lives up in 6 words. Ernest Hemingway was once challenged in a bar to write a story in only six words, a novel that would tell the whole story, and he wrote, 'For sale: baby shoes, never worn.' " Here's what I came up with for my own life - "Life happened: strenuous, challenging, educational, surreal". I think if you had asked me 6 months ago my response would have been different. And as my mom says that hers is even different, now that she is in the Winter of her life, than it would have been previously in her life. But all you can do is sum up your life as it is, or has been, up to now. Its just something interesting to consider. And its not as easy as you might think. Food for your thoughts today.

No comments: