Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh No........Neupogen again!!!

But I feel so good!!!!! That's what I told the nurse when she told me that my wbc's were very low and she would have to give me another Neupogen shot. And she said that one thing has nothing to do with the other. While I was sitting in the waiting room after having the blood drawn and waiting to see if my counts were OK I kept saying to myself, "the wbc's are going to be good this time and I WILL NOT have to have another shot!" I kept repeating it to myself and then when she called me and walked into the room with a shot I said, "Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!" I was very upset! Those shots (I have to have another one tomorrow) are sooooooo painful! The shot itself is like any other shot going in - stings but otherwise OK - but the morning after it makes my bones ache! I just KNEW I would be OK this time because I felt so good! But no such luck! So I have the Darvocet ready! Maybe I won't need it this time! I am trying to be positive! Trying so hard! I know....too many !!!!!! in that paragraph.
So, I am repeating myself again in these blog posts. Sorry.
Now let's just discuss hair for a moment. As I have posted previously my head is completely bald. Tom and I did that when it began to "patch bald" so bad that it looked funny. So off it came and its OK......it will re-grow in a few months. The hair under my arms has stopped growing altogether and that's a bit of a blessing also. Less shaving and when I start radiation they tell me that I won't be able to shave under that arm anyway - or use deoderant, so watch out!!! I may start to smell! However, there is one place (actually 2 places) that I was truly hoping I could watch the hair fall out and laugh and laugh while it was happening...........and that is my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, a little known secret is that in the winter I tend to let that hair go (hey, it keeps me warm) and so I was hoping to watch it fall out. Well, for some reason it is hanging on for dear life! And the peach fuzz on my face - which I lovingly refer to as "my beard" - for you ladies who are older (over 40) it will come your way soon - it is hanging on also! Now I am glad that the eyebrows and eyelashes have not "turned loose" because I will look REALLY strange without them but the rest of it - and I do mean all of it every where - can just go on and leave for all I care! You would think that the hair on other places of the body would have fallen out sooner than the hair on my head - WOULDN'T YOU HAVE THOUGHT THAT ALSO? Too bad one can't pick and choose the Side Effects that they want........HA, there's a thought.
So there are my thoughts for the day - as you can see when you don't have to worry about your cellular service you have time to worry about other things! I know, I watch too much TV!
Cheers to all and better days ahead!

1 comment:

FraudKing120 said...

Wendy..I think you are very strong for sharing your feelings and emotions on your blog. I always check it to see if you have added to it. You are in our prayers. Stay strong!!

Carlton W