Sunday, March 2, 2008

A good week

As many of you know I have no children of my own. That was by choice. I just never wanted to have children. So, when I married Tom I inherited a son, Brandon. When I met Tom Brandon was only 33 months old. By the time we decided that Brandon should come live with us he was 5 years old and Tom and I were married. I had not really planned on being a parent and to be quite honest, I wasn't very good at it. And it was difficult at times but we all managed to work through it. Tomorrow, Brandon will be 21. Wow!! Time is flying by me like I'm standing still! And Tom and I both had high hopes for Brandon and his life. Things haven't turned out quite like we had hoped. But we realize that Brandon has his life and we cannot make him be what we want. We have to let him grow up and hope that he lives through the growing process.
Anyway, made Brandon a cake today and bought him new tires for his car for his birthday. I wasn't so smart at his age and I managed to live through it. I only hope that he does the same. I pray that he will learn quickly but not the hard way.
I am feeling very good - just don't have much energy. I tire easily and that makes me feel bad but the energy will comes back - I just know it. This Friday is my last treatment and I am so glad!
I am ready to begin my life again. Its amazing how my priorities have changed and also my thought processes. I will most likely never think the same way again. Maybe that's a good thing.

No comments: