Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday, March 3, 2008...........My LAST CHEMO!!

Today I took my last chemo. Today was the last day they got to pour poison in my veins. Today is the last time I sit for 2 1/2 hours in "the Chair" - interesting how loads of people understand "the Chair." Today is the last time I have to see the Onc. nurses - much as I loved them I am glad to not have to see them anymore. Today is the last time I have to see Dr. Huffman - at least for three months. Its the last time I have to dread the fatigue that will hit in two days and last three. Last time for Neupogen shots and bone pain two days later.
There are really no good words to describe how I feel at this moment. I'll try - blessed, blissful, cheerful, chipper, content, delighted, ecstatic, elated, glad, gleeful, gratified, intoxicated, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, merry, overjoyed, peaceful, perky, pleased, satisfied, sunny, thrilled, upbeat - thanks to Thesaurus.com.
I am sitting here feeling like I can conquer the world! I feel vindicated because chemo didn't beat me. I had some better moments than others but overall I have been so blessed that I didn't have alot of the issues that I could have. And I took it. I didn't roll over but I stood up and every time I got beat down (and I still have a couple of those days to go so stay tuned) then I stood up again. I found out that I am way stronger than I thought. I want to live! I asked my husband the other night, "If you aren't going to LIVE now when are you going to live?" And I need to remember that also. My priorities have changed. How I think about alot of things has changed.
I am very glad that this day has come. I give all credit to my God, my husband, my family and friends. They helped me be strong. They brought me through. Thank you to all!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Congratulations Wendy. I am proud of you. You did it. I know you are feeling lousy today from chemo and I wish you didn't have to. Keep blogging. Don't stop. You are an amazing read. So honest and forthcoming.

Rest, sleep, get better.