Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A walk in the park

Today I woke up and felt achy (what's new?) and my head hurt but I came to work anyway. Believe me I wanted to go home. I took some anti-nausea meds and some headache meds and within a couple of hours felt a little better so decided to stay. It was 75 degrees here today and even though it wasn't sunny it was still warm enough to get outside. So I decided to go walk in the park that is near my office. I haven't really felt like doing much walking but knew that if I could ever get started then I would feel better. Walking the stairs makes me winded now. Doing any little exertion is like working out times ten now. So I started walking and my back was hurting so bad and I noticed that my ankles were swollen. My bones were aching so bad that I felt like I was walking funny. But I kept going. I wasn't breaking any land speed records by any means but I was walking. And I forgot how much I love it. The river is down by the park and I was walking outside alot until my father died last year and the weather turned colder. It clears my head and today there was a nice breeze and it was just great. And then it started to rain......and I was where there was no shelter. I mean the first day I had even FELT like getting outside and it rains on me! How's that for feeling like the world is taking a crap on ya? Not really but it wasn't fun. So I started back to the office and by the time I reached an awning the rain was stopping. Just a short shower.....and we need the rain - don't get me wrong. I am thankful for the rain. I would have really been thankful if I could have been watching it through a window while inside! Anyway, I had to laugh. What a comedy of errors my life has become. Its almost comical. I almost always enter contests all the time because I figure that SOMEONE has to win, right? Well, suffice to say that it ain't me that's winning! But I am blessed and that's what I have to focus on. Some days you are the windshield and some days you are the bug! Lately I am "squashed!"

No comments: