Friday, April 4, 2008

Finally getting some energy back

I am feeling better and better all the time. I still fatigue easier than I used to but I can tell that my energy is returning. That makes me feel good.
I had written a scathing blog entry about platitudes and how I hate them and wish people would stop using them with me. I read back thru it and decided that it sounded too much like I was preaching and I don't want to come off that way. I know that most people are just well-meaning and the others just don't matter.

Rads are going well - 3 down and 32 to go. So far so good. They never did do the tattoos so I think I'm just going to wait until they say that it HAS to be done and stop asking about it. For now I have blue marker marks on me covered with clear tape so it just looks strange but it doesn't really bother me. I asked on the message board when I would start feeling the side effects and some people said I just might make it thru without any. Wouldn't that be fantastic?!

I recently read an article about the type of BC that I have and it kind of scared me. It says that "women suffering a kind of breast cancer called triple-negative are more likely than other breast cancer patients to experience a relapse." It also said that "........women with triple-negative breast cancer were almost twice as likely to relapse. The pattern of relapse had a rapidly rising rate in the first two years after diagnosis, a peak at two to three years, followedby a decline over the next five." But the kicker was this: "...if triple negative breast cancer patients did experience a relapse, the median survival time from relapse to death was nine months....." So I read this article several times and it made me very sad. However, I am OK now. No one is promised another moment so make the most of the moments you have. Sometimes that is easier said than done. But I am trying and I urge each of you to try also. We all need reminding from time to time.

No comments: