Friday, April 25, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today is a beautiful day. Actually every day that we can wake up and breathe is a good day. But today is particularly gorgeous day as it is warm and the sky is blue and the flowers are budding and the world is alive and wonderful! Tom and I decided to take the day off and we worked in the yard. We had some plants to re-pot and a couple of trees to plant (my Earth Day promise) and we also bought some herbs and started an herb garden. While we were outside our dogs were running around in the yard, as they often do, and our youngest, Reese, started across the street to see the lady over there. Our dogs are about 55 pounds, medium sized, and they are very nice. The worst thing they might do is jump on you but mostly they are just friendly. Well, we didn't know but she is terrified of dogs. She looked up and saw the dog coming and started running away screaming. We were screaming at the dog and all she did was keep chasing the woman because she thought they were playing. Well finally I got the dog and put both of them in our day pen. By the time I went back across the street the woman's husband was cussing at Tom and the woman was almost hysterical.
Now, I am in the process of learning to stay in the moment and accept each moment as it is, whatever that may be. I am trying to not react and to be positive. It was very difficult to do that at that moment and its probably a good thing that Tom went over there because I don't think that I could have held my tongue. Tom apologized about a million times and the guys still had the gall to tell him that he was going to call the "law" if we didn't put our dogs on a leash. Well in the County our dogs don't have to be leashed unless they are deemed dangerous or vicious. I think he would have a very hard time proving our dogs as dangerous. He was really an ASS about it. So here I am trying to learn to let things go and yet I am still thinking about this incident and writing about it. So, clearly, I am having more trouble letting go than I thought. As I've said before I am a work in progress.
Anyway, today was 18 rads down so I am now a little over 1/2 way! WOOHOO!!! Almost there!
I hope all of you have a good weekend and try not to let the little things bother you. I am trying also.

No comments: