Wednesday, April 2, 2008

1 rad down and 34 to go

I had my first radiation treatment today. They still haven't done the tattoos yet. I think they will do them in the next couple of days. They were right - I didn't feel a thing. Will have to wait to see how they will affect me. I understand the effects are cummulative so it may take a few days to affect me at all.
Its interesting to me how they describe what will happen with my breast while undergoing radiation. First, they say that it will tan. So I will have 1 tanned breast and 1 that's pasty white. OK - I can handle that. Next they say that it may burn (like a sunburn) so I have to put this special (expensive I might add) ointment on it after each treatment and at night before bed. OK, I can handle that. And last they tell me that the radiation makes the breast "perky" or more firm than it has been. I am 44 years old and it has literally been years since I had perky breasts. So I asked if they could/would radiate the other breast so that they could both be evenly perky. They said no. So soon I will have one perky/firm breast and one that wants to hang to my waist. How attractive! And just in time for summer and bathing suits too! Oh this just keeps getting better and better!
I am doing OK today - seem a little blue. Hope that gets better. We have had my male dog's "girlfriend" over for almost 2 weeks now and he is so hot for her that he doesn't want to sleep or eat so that means we can't sleep either. So maybe I'm just tired. I just really want to go home and cover my head and not come out for a few months. At least until I feel more normal. I'm so tired of not feeling like myself. I just want it all to be over! Why can't this be OVER??!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

It me, Paul, I heard a while ago, and have been reading off and on... Look, it may seem like it will never end, but it will. It will all workout in the end. Hang in there and I hope to see you soon. You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.