Thursday, April 17, 2008

45 YEARS OLD!

Monday, April 21st, is my 45th birthday. How different I feel about birthdays now! I used to hate turning older and looking in the mirror at all those wrinkles. But, know what? Every single one of those wrinkles brought me to this place in this life. Everyone of them is for something that happened to me in this life and that is a very good thing. Some may say, "so what?" But I have to tell you that I am starting to believe (and my new book has alot to do with this) that I have been blessed with the GIFT of cancer. Yes, I said gift. And no, I haven't lost my mind. This gift has made me look at this life in a totally different light and it is truly beautiful! This gift has changed my mind about alot of things - "If you want to be somebody else, change your mind" - from a song by Sister Hazel. I am thinking more clearly than I have in years. I am happy and feeling very blessed to BE in/of this LIFE.
"Life is good" is a mantra that you can find everywhere - on t-shirts, bumper stickers, hats, etc., and how true this simple little saying is.
On Monday my ego will tell me that it is MY DAY but truly it will be another day in this wonderful place we call LIFE and you better believe that I will be celebrating!!!

No comments: