Friday, May 23, 2008

A quick note about hair

Just a quick note about hair and it growing back. I think that I mentioned that most of my hair fell out and even my eyebrows and eyelashes continued to fall out even after chemo was done. And I noticed that my "beard", as I lovingly call it, had fallen out. So all that peach fuzz that lived on my face was gone. Oh blessing of blessings!! Hallelujah! Uh oh......that which falls back eventually will grow back - except my husband's hair which it appears will not come back. So I leaned into the mirror last night and took a good look. WOW! You know how I said that alot of time a woman who has been thru chemo will have hair that will grow back thicker, darker and sometimes curly? Well the beard is coming back in and guess what?! It's thicker! Not darker yet but I am waiting. But not only is it thicker but when it is growing it is growing straight out. I mean I have the hairs ALL over my face that are sticking straight out!!! It isn't pretty. My hair dresser may have to wax more than my eyebrows soon!
Anyway, I thought that might interest some of you to know that we should all be careful what we wish for! It might just come true!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Sueeie said...

I read where Saw Palmetto will help prevent facial hair in women.

Unfortunately, it has not been shown to help men. Too bad.