Monday, May 19, 2008

It is ALL OVER!

Today was the day of my last radiation. It is bittersweet because I have grown to appreciate my caregivers so much and I will miss them. But as I told them when I left, "I hope the next time I see you its in the grocery store or some place other than here!" They agreed. I imagine it is very hard for them also. They have a job where NO ONE wants to see them. The only people they see are sick. How hard! But I am more than estatic that it is over!!! My skin is glad also. My right breast feels like leather and looks pretty weird also. Its nice to have it in a place where it won't be seen by everyone though. The woman at the center with tonsil cancer had to lvie with her "leather skin" where everyone could see it. Just another thing to be grateful for!
I want to apologize if I have been "preaching". I am just putting down what is in my heart and sometimes I can get a little excited about my new found awareness.
So now it is seeing the Oncologist every three months for a while and a mammogram in about 5 months. I will have to see the Radiologist in 6 months. I have decided, however, to put it out of my mind. If it returns then I will deal with it. Otherwise I vow to LIVE my LIFE and enjoy every moment I can.
Thank you all for reading this and following my trip thru cancer. I have truly enjoyed putting my thoughts down here on this page. It has helped me tremendously. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: