Tuesday, May 13, 2008

4 more to go!!

I have 4 more rads to go! I can't believe it! I am very glad that I stopped being identified with my illness so that once it is over I can go back to feeling prefectly normal again. I used to worry about it coming back but worry is a waste of time and energy. It is in God's hands.
Physically I feel pretty good also. Radiation can do a number on one's skin and I had a little issue this past weekend with blistering and raw skin. But other than that I am tanned and my skin feels like leather. Can't imagine how this can be good for me?!
I recently saw my husband's brother-in-law (husband to Tom's deceased sister, Jane) and when he and one of his sons saw me I guess that it brought up memories for them of what Jane had been through. Of course, Jane was alot sicker than I and cancer finally took her life. But she always had the best attitude - always - even to the end. But I remember he said that her doctors had told her that they were going to give her medicines (chemo, etc) that would bring her to the point closest to death without killing her. My surgeon told me that its like trying to kill an ant with a hammer. Isn't that just crazy?
Anyway, I'm not complaining. I just wish that we were closer to preventing this from happening to others. I pray that one day we will be free of this disease (and many others) altogether.
I want each of you to know that I am happy and am getting healthy again. I am less stressed and less burdened with things that don't matter. I feel more alive than I ever have. Smells are sweeter, flowers are prettier, life is awesome.
I have had several people tell me that even after this craziness is all over that I should continue to write. I wish that I could. In fact, I really want to. But when I sit to write nothing new and original comes to me. I could bore you with loads of stories but just feel that would be a waste of everyone's time. So, I will write until I totally run out of things (important) to say. Knowing me and my mouth - it may take longer than I think.
Cheers to all!

No comments: