Thursday, February 2, 2012

I am a legitimate freak of nature

So I had a second opinion yesterday. It was with my former oncologist. He told me something that I did not know. It appears that my biopsy had two different labs test it. One lab found ER 1% +, PR-, and Her2-. The other lab found ER 13%+, PR-, and Her2+. He said that happens sometimes. So what he wants to do is to go ahead with the surgery and then afterwards, unless they find positive nodes, he wants to forego chemo but start Femara and possibly Herceptin.
So I guess I'm no longer in the TriNeg group...so weird how things can change. I asked him if this was a new primary and he said probably. Maybe little guys from last tumor but histologically speaking they are different.
Then I find out that unless they verified the Her2 status that it could be false - or +...either way.  I would rather not be Her2+...this is: HER2 protein overexpression can result in malignant transformation of cells.  It is a more agressive type of tumor and with being a grade 3 anyway.....aggression is its middle name.
So I don't know what to think.  One minute I believe that I am triple negative again and then they start throwing all these other acronyms at me along with names of drugs that I have never had to deal with and know nothing about.  I feel like a freak.
So it appears that my surgery will be on 2/16/12.  I am ready.  I will lay it all in God's hands and He will do His will.
 

No comments: