Monday, January 30, 2012

I hate this disease.

I have been thru this before so I kind of know what to expect and how to feel about what is happening to me. I have a co-worker who just had a partial mastectomy and now has 8 months of chemo and radiation to look forward to.  My heart breaks for her.  You are plugging along thru life and then one day "BAM", your life is never the same again.
In some ways it can be better if you open yourself to what having cancer can teach you about life and the things that are really important.  It can make it worse because you never feel safe again.  You are always looking over your shoulder waiting on cancer to strike again.  Even if you let it go and live your life free from worry the nag of it never completely goes away.
So, here it is again for me, my co-worker is suffering from it, and really we all know someone that has had it.  It is the beast.  I hate the beast.

No comments: