Friday, January 13, 2012

If the cancer doesn't kill me the waiting will!

Since finding out I have another breast tumor that is confirmed to be cancer I have been wrestling with where to have the surgery, etc.  Went to UNC because Tom really wanted me to and liked the surgeon and other docs and nurses that we met.  Dr. Amos, the breast surgeon, ordered a CT scan for me to rule out cancer in the lungs, liver or brain.  Bone scan was clear!  I had the CT scan on this past Tuesday and it is now Friday and no one has called me with the results.  I emailed one of the ladies that has been helping me with my FMLA paperwork and she forwarded the request to the nurse who takes care of such things.  When I didn't hear from her then I called the Surgery department and left a message for Dr. Amos to call me and let me know the results.  Still nothing.
How hard is it to pick up the phone and say "All clear, Wendy"...which then leads me to think that it might be bad news and they want to give it in person instead of over the phone?  Aaarrrggghhh!!!

No comments: