Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pain Management, itching and finally a "POOP".

Stay ahead of the pain was some of the best advice that I didn't take.  Wow, did I pay for that!  So for now, I will be taking all the pain meds, on time, that I am allowed.
Everything has started itching and hurting all at the same time.  I guess nerves are being regenerated so I am getting alot of twinges and burning feelings that give great pain for short periods of time.  I am constantly saying, "Ow" or "Heeeeee" and then a breath like a woman in labor and the pain tends to subside.  Moving one way today might not hurt and moving the same way tomorrow might be so painful that I might cry.  I am already so over the pain.  Ha.....such a long way to go!
Today was Surgery + 7 days and I still hadn't pooped.  Tom made me a cup of coffee this morning and said "This is the magic cup of coffee."  And by golly, it was!  I was getting very irritated and being an ornery patient.  Not having a daily constitution for 7 days was not the way to make Wendy a happy gal.
But now it has happened so hopefully things will keep moving.  And when the drains come out and the pain subsides Wendy will be a much happier girl!

No comments: