Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This is pretty gross!

Went to see the plastic surgeon yesterday and he didn't like the way my abdominal incision was healing so he cut it open and scooped out the dead skin.  Now I have to pack it with wet gauze and cover it with dry gauze.  That has to be done twice a day.  I have to say it is kinda gross.  I won't go into more detail than that. 
The doctor has written a note to keep me out of work until further notice.  He says it will take at least a month to heal.  I am still hoping to be back at work at the end of April but Tom doesn't want me to go back until I am totally healed.  I am unsure if work would even let me come back with restrictions so until I can lift 25 pounds I may have to stay out.
Having an open wound is freaking me out as I want to walk and gain some endurance but am afraid of doing anything that would make the wound worse.
I am highly frustrated.

No comments: