Wednesday, August 22, 2012

To the doctor I went.

So finally went to the doc this morning.....actually saw a nurse practitioner.  She looked in my ear and said that while it didn't look completely normal...go figure, something with me NOT normal....it didn't look infected either.  She noticed that my face was swollen in front of my ear and said there is definitely some infection there.  So she gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way.
So I get to work and immediately Google "swollen face in front of ear" and find out there are several lymph nodes there.  Hmmmm....so as you can imagine I am thankful that lymph nodes are doing their job BUT....you knew there was a but coming....any swollen lymph node in a cancer survivor is scary.  And with the lethargy and dizziness and headaches....you can hear my brain whirling out scenarios, can't you?  Why do I always go to the dark place?  I didn't do that before.

No comments: