Friday, August 10, 2012

Fear of Recurrence


If a fear of recurrence becomes overwhelming or begins to interfere with your quality of life, a member of your health care team can help. The following are signs that fears about cancer may be a problem:
  • Any minor aches, coughs or headaches bring a strong fear that cancer has recurred.
  • There is an unwillingness to rebuild and return to a full life due to fears.
  • Recurrent is a constant worry.
  • Thoughts about cancer recurring happen before you go to bed at night and the first thing in the morning.
  • There are long-term sleeping problems (more than a few weeks).
  • Little or no appetite continues for days.
  • There is no desire to spend time with friends.
  • There is no interest in continuing usual routines.
  • There is an inability to concentrate at school or work.

If you experience two or more of these feelings or are depressed for more than two to three weeks, it is important to speak with one of your Health care providers.There are treatments and medications that may help you deal with these issues.
Oh, if only I could lose my appetite!  So, I have 6 of these things....guess that means I need to seek professional help!  I should have been doing that for years!  LOL!
In all sincerity I have decided to try a different BC support group and if that doesn't do it for me then I will have to find a professional.  And it needs to happen before I get fired as I have next to no desire to do anything....at work or at home.  Please say a prayer that my head gets right soon!

No comments: