Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another BC support group meeting


Now that is more like what a BC support group meeting should be.  There was a speaker and when she was done they went around and everyone talked about their treatment or how they were feeling or that they were having surgery later that week, etc.  So I talked.  And cried.  And felt stupid.  And felt like a Debbie Downer.  And felt bad for the two ladies there that are just getting ready to start treatment or have surgery.  I probably scared them to death.  And afterwards I had several women come up to me and hug me and give me sympathy and not tell me that it will "all be alright" but rather tell me that they are there for me and understand me and that's its OK to feel the way I feel.  They were so kind.  And as always you hear of someone who has it worse.  And it helps put things into perspective.....until you leave...
I am so tired.  I have said it so many times but I can't tell you how tired I am.  I need a change in job, house, scenery, something.  Tom feels he needs a change too.  It's not a great time for us to move as both our mothers are getting up in years....his more than mine.  However, each of them would have support from another sibling if we did move away.  I just know something needs to change for me in some avenue of my life.  Then I hope I can stop being so tired....maybe...

No comments: