Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sisters from another mother

I lurk on the breastcancer.org forums as I did during my first bout with BC and they helped me so much.  As time went by and I got farther and farther out from that diagnosis and treatment I didn't visit there but every once in a while.  Then when I was diagnosed with BC again I started lurking there again.  It makes me feel like I have folks that truly understand me.  They lift me up when I am down, make me feel like its OK to feel the way I do from time to time, and allow me to lift others also, when I am able.  I feel like they are the only ones that understand how I feel from day to day.
I was able to pay it forward with one of them.  I sent her a jacket with pockets for drains that another woman had sent to me.  I also sent two camisoles with drain pockets.  All I asked her to do was to pay them forward also.
I love those ladies and I don't even know them.  They are my sisters from another mother and I appreciate them so much.

No comments: