Friday, June 20, 2008

I am doing fine

This is the first chance I've had to tell everyone that I am doing fine. My tumor markers were fine and so was all other items tested with the exception of low blood sugar. But nothing really to worry about. And I won't worry anyway.
My energy is coming back and I have been walking everyday on the treadmill which helps alot. Remember, I have 18 pounds to take back off! But that will come - 1 pound at a time.
I told my husband the other night, when sitting outside on our back porch, that I am happier than I have been in years. It amazes me how much letting go of little things will give you a different perspective on life. Every once in a while I find myself slipping back into the old patterns and it scares me. I can't go back there! I can't return to the person I was. At least I am more aware and when those times come up I can recognize them and surpress them. Whew! Thank goodness for that!
I walked in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Walk a couple of weeks ago and loved it! It made me very sad, however, that there even has to be such a thing but I chose to look at the bright side of it and that women every day are LIVING instead of dying from breast cancer. And even as much as I hated it and do not have any idea what, long term it will do/has done to my body, really chemo and radiation was not that bad in the grand scheme of it all. If that's the worse thing I ever have to go through then I am blessed. And if there is more to come then I will deal with it.
So for now, I am well. And I am happy. And, after all, what more could a person ask for?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You are such a beautiful person Wendy. Keep writing, you are an inspiration to me. I feel more positive just reading your blog. Thank you.

Hey! If you can, post a new picture of your hair do. I plan to post one soon also since I am nearing three months post chemo.