Monday, October 22, 2012

What?

So I hadn't heard from my surgeon at UNC since March and he had told me that he wanted to see me after 6 months.  So I emailed him and the nurse liaison and heard back from her.  This is what Delma said, "Well, the good news is that we clearly consider you cured and a survivor in surveillance.  There is no indication for scans or lab work during surveillance for breast cancer that has been cured."
WHAT???  Is she kidding me?  I was HOT!  And within a few minutes the doctor had emailed her and said, "Delma- I usually like to see patients back for surveillance at least for a year." 
She has lost her mind.  If it was the first time for BC then MAYBE he wouldn't want to see me but this is the 2nd time!  My oncologist said at the very least I should be scanned every 4-6 months for the next 3 years.  People like Delma should really know what they are talking about before they say something.
And it goes on.
 

No comments: