Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ooo, Ooo that smell.

If you've never had to pack a wound you may not understand this post. When I first came home from the hospital after the BMX surgery I had drains in my body to help the wounds ooze (for lack of a better word) and ultimately heal.  By the time I went back to the doctor to have the drains removed I was sick (and I mean physically so) of the smell of those drains.  I had hoped I would never have to smell that odor again.  Apparently, the inside of the body smells like those drains.  Now that I am having to pack these wounds I am having to smell that smell again.  And it is grossing me out.  Please heal me soon, Lord!  If only so I don't have to smell that smell.
Now that anyone reading this is grossed out too.....sorry about that but I write so I don't go nuts......other than getting tired so easily I am doing OK.  Now that it doesn't look like I can make my wound really any worse I am working on my stamina.  It will take a while to get back to where I was.....which wasn't exactly in great shape to begin with.
Anyway, I am trying to keep a good attitude.....but some days it is hard.

No comments: